- Attendees can register after a workshop has been scheduled by a local coordinator.
How it Works:
- Gather a Group
- Each workshop requires a minimum number of full paying students.
- Designate a Coordinator. See more info below.
- Check out the Resources Section on the Coordinator Info page for a flyer and email that can be sent out.
- Check Availability
- Check the Availability Calendar below, and then coordinate with potential attendees to decide on a date for the workshop. If you would like to double-check a date with ReelCast, please use the contact form here.
- Preliminary Sign-up
- Each attendee will need to to fill out a preliminary sign-up sheet and turn it in to the workshop coordinator along with a $50 non-refundable deposit. When enough people have committed to attend a workshop you are ready to schedule.
- Schedule a Workshop
- The coordinator will fill out the registration form below, and coordinate with ReelCast to confirm that the workshop is scheduled. The coordinator will also send the attendee deposits to ReelCast.
- Register Attendees
- Once ReelCast has scheduled the workshop, the attendee registration form will show the workshop location in the appropriate drop-down box.
- Attendees are required to pay the remaining balance for the workshop when they submit the online registration.
- Remaining Resouces
- Visit the Coordinator Info page for a list of things that will need to be arranged or gathered prior to the workshop.
- Mark your calendars, and tell your friends!
Students must be 12 years or older. Parents may attend for $60.
- It is highly recommended that a parent or adult guardian attend with students 15 or under.
- Please note that even with parents attending, the listed minimum of full paying attendees must be filled for each workshop.
- Only full paying attendees are eligible for workbooks.
- Parents may attend Munch & Mentor with their student.
Designating a Coordinator:
- Before scheduling a workshop, it is recommended that the group designate a main contact person (coordinator) for helping facilitate the workshop.
- Coordinator will receive a discount code for “$60 off one attendee registration” as a thank you for helping with the workshop!
- Distributing and collecting the preliminary sign-up sheets.
- Submitting the “Workshop Coordinator Registration” form below, and coordinating with ReelCast to schedule a workshop.
- Gathering needed items prior to the workshop. (see Coordinator Info)
- Arranging lodging, transportation and meals for the instructor.
Event Info for Host/Coordinator:
There are a few more things to help the event run smoothly. Please take a moment to visit the Coordinator Info page
- Dates in red are unavailable.
- Dates in purple are pending.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How far in advance does a workshop need to be scheduled?
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- $50 deposit is non-refundable
- More than 60 Days from start date = Full Refund
- 31-60 Days from start date = 50% Refund
- Less Than 30 Days from start date = No Refund
Why do attendees pay a deposit before the workshop is scheduled?
- This money will go towards covering travel costs for the instructor.
- To help solidify the commitment of those signing up.
Do you allow exceptions to the 10 person minimum?
If you have fewer than 10 students interested, the Exclusive Workshop option just might be a perfect fit!
What happens if I schedule a workshop and 10 people don’t sign up?
Hopefully it will help solidify the commitment of those signing up.
In the event that there is a lack of full-paying students after the workshop has been scheduled, there are several options.
- The student can send someone in their place.
- We can work on re-scheduling the workshop for a better time.
- The cost deficit created by the lack of 10 students can still be paid to ReelCast, and the workshop will continue.
- Last resort is to cancel the workshop.
Will the instructor bring lights and cameras to the workshop?
The instructor does not usually bring equipment such as lights and cameras for workshops. Due to the complexities of arranging for equipment to be provided for all the students, AND the higher cost of flying with checked bags, the workshop sessions not designed around “hands-on” projects. In light of this, the instructor tries to employ a very interactive teaching style and uses lots of visual illustrations during sessions.
Exclusive workshops are designed to provide time for more personal Q&A, and opportunities for one-on-one training. It also allows for situations where the instructor can bring equipment or use your equipment to provide advice and input regarding your team’s specific projects.
If the workshop is close enough for the instructor to drive, or if the class is willing to pay for the extra costs of checking multiple bags, considerations could be made.
What about discounts for Exclusive workshops longer than 2 days?
If you have a special circumstance, please make use of the “Comments” section in the Workshop Registration form below.
Do attendees need to bring cameras or computers to the workshop?
Due to the complexities of arranging for equipment to be provided for all the students, workshop sessions are not designed around “hands-on” projects. In light of this, the instructor tries to employ a very interactive teaching style and uses lots of visual illustrations during sessions.
If the student signs up for a Munch & Mentor session, there may be opportunity to bring equipment and have the instructor give specific input. With Munch&Mentor, just be mindful that there may be other students sitting in as well.
NOTE: If you still have a question, you can submit a general inquiry by clicking here.